Exemption from the vignette requirement can only be granted in exceptional cases and depends on whether your vehicle was registered in the Czech Republic.
My vehicle is registered in the Czech Republic
Vehicles with automatic exemption
- Vehicles powered by electricity or hydrogen or equipped with hybrid drive (CO2 emission value below 50 g/km), if the vehicle is registered with a special Czech vehicle registration number.
- Vehicles for the transport of persons with a Czech ZTP or ZTP/P type disabled person’s pass. In the event of a roadside check, the holder of the ZTP or ZTP/P type disabled person’s pass must be present in the vehicle and show the disabled person’s pass.
- Vehicles for the transport of unattended children undergoing treatment for a malignant tumour or haemoblastosis. A medical report or other confirmation issued by a medical facility must be presented during roadside checks.
- Classic vehicles assigned a special Czech registration number and a classic vehicle certificate.
Vehicles exempted from registration requirements
- Vehicles that run on electricity or hydrogen or are equipped with a hybrid drive (CO2 emission value below 50 g/km) without a special vehicle registration number.
- Vehicles operated by homes for the disabled if they are used for transporting disabled persons.
Czech nationals can use the dedicated data mailbox
and the identifier ws5mh9w
to submit notifications.
My vehicle is not registered in the Czech Republic
An application must be submitted to exempt the vehicle from the vignette requirement.
- Vehicles running on electricity or hydrogen or equipped with a hybrid drive (CO2 emission value below 50 g/km).
The application for exemption from the vignette requirement can be sent to the following address and must on all accounts bear an officially certified signature: Státní fond dopravní infrastruktury, Sokolovská 1955/278, 190 00 Prague 9, Czech Republic. Kindly take note that post from abroad may take longer to arrive! We urgently recommend registration of the e-vignette if it is needed immediately.
Applications can alternatively be sent by email. In this case, however, the PDF application must bear a certified electronic signature according to the special legal requirements. The PDF application can otherwise be signed by a Czech authority.
The PDF application is available for download from the Sfdi